TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

I am a branch manager for a Security Company in TN. Can you

I am a branch manager for a Security Company in TN. Can you advise where to get rules, regulations or law on how a client can discipline one of my employees. We contract with a private company for services. 2nd party contractor rules and regulations?

Thank you for your question. There are no laws or rules enacted by the state that control how a client can discipline your employees. Rather, this situation would be controlled by the contractual agreement between your company and the client. Further, each party will owe each other common law duties which might apply in this situation.

To figure out what common law or contractual duties may apply in your situation, I need to know more about the particular facts. Please give me more detail in your response.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The client received a complaint from another contractor about abusive language used. My client gave a written reprimand to the employee and had her sign it. She is an employee of US Security.

Unless there is some procedure under the contractual agreement between your company and the client, then the written reprimand has no effect other than as a demonstration of your client's displeasure with an employee of your company.

Does your company have a written agreement with the client?

If so, does the client have the right to demand that you reassign employees which they do not like?

Is there any sort of language in the contract which states that the company employees will maintain a certain level of behavior while working on the client's property?

What are your views on the client's written reprimand?

Are you this employee's supervisor?

I'm following up with you regarding this question. I see that you have not accepted my answer by rating my service with a positive score. If you don't do this, then I don't get paid by the website for my work . Help me be able to keep providing this type of service to you and other customers by taking a few moments and providing me a positive rating.

I really appreciate it.