JPEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience as both corporate in-house counsel and private counsel

I just asked a question about me being assaulted on the job

I just asked a question about me being assaulted on the job I did the police report as I stated and was in the emergency room in the hospitial with 2 fractures bones on my face i also found out that the co-worker is on parole i would like to know can i sue the company ...i also put in my info for payment and got no answer i have a debit card does that matter please answer because i am truly serious about this matter im in new york city tel #212-470 5561 feel free to contact me please I am truly serious

I do not see any other questions from you on this site, it may not have gone through.

Generally speaking, an employer would not be responsible for the criminal acts of one of its employees. The employee that assaulted you acted on his own, outside the scope of employment. The exception is if you had made complaints about this employee or asked to not work with him, and the employer failed to act. In that case, they could be responsible. If the employee was on parole for a similar violent act, and he was put in a position where this would be likely to occur... you might be able to make a claim out, but it would be somewhat tenuous.

That said, you will have a worker's compensation case. You sustained injuries on the job, and your employer is responsible for that, regardless of fault. And of course, you can sue the employee himself.