Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can an employee retract a signed job description and confidential

Can an employee retract a signed job description and confidential agreement within 72 hours after signing it?

The employee handbook was signed by the same employee a few months earlier and it stated that it is a requirement to sign job description and confidential agreement which also outlines the conflict of interest guidelines.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Question: Can an employee retract a signed job description and confidential agreement within 72 hours after signing it?

Response
: No. Once signed, the employee cannot retract the signed job description and confidentiality agreement (collectively called “it”). There is no right to cancel within 72-hours of signing it. Once signed, the employee is bound by it. If the employee violates the terms of the signed documents, then the employer can discipline the employee including reimbursement for any damages caused by the employee for wrongful disclosure of confidential information or for misusing the company's property.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for this information. I found the same information on google but needed to know that the information I found is correct.

I truly appreicate your prompt response.

You are quite Welcome!

All the best,