FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

My boss keeps yelling at me in front of employees and customers.

My boss keeps yelling at me in front of employees and customers. I contacted HR but they seem to be doing nothing about it. Other employees have called on her in the past and she keeps getting a pass. What do I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX shall do whatever I possibly can to provide you with helpful information about the law. Please keep in mind that, although I am an attorney, I am prohibited from giving customers of the site legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship on this forum.

If at any time the information which I provide is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

In order to have an action against the person and your employer for hostile work environment, you will need to be able to relate the persons behavior to some type of actionable discrimination. Mere bullying and rude behavior is not sufficient

The U.S. Supreme Court has stated that an action for a hostile work environment exists only when there is clear discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, and disability.

If you think your treatment is based upon one of these grounds, you may have an action.

Have I answered your question?.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Although I am of Hawaiian descent she does treat all of the Hispanics in our company worse than me. It seems the darker one's skin is the meaner she is to that person

You may have an action against your employer based upon national origin. The next step would be to inform HR that you believe that you are being treated in a disparate manner because of your national origin. If action is not taken against your boss, you will want to retain local counsel and file an charge of discrimination with the EEOC

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: 25 years of experience helping people like you.