Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.

Does anyone have an GPS employee policy we can review?

Does anyone have an GPS employee policy we can review? We are an employer and are installing GPS tracking on our Service Vans and Trucks - we need a policy.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

My apologies but what you are seeking is extremely complex and confidential specifically to the company who created such a policy. The best (and likely only) place you may be able to find a template short of retaining counsel would be to contact the local law library and see if they have such a template available, but I can tell you from personal experience that every single policy you describe that I have ever been engaged in had a confidentiality clause that would bar the attorney or even employees from sharing it with anyone outside the company.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I disagree - employee handbooks are not usually under an NDA. I would think a basic Policy of having or installing GPS tracking in company Vehicles would not be such an unresourceful task. Its just a basic policy of informing them, detailing the benifits, and what may be considered items that would not be allowed with the Vehicle.
Thank you for your follow-up.

You may disagree, but from my experience every single policy pertaining GPS tracking was confidential. I agree that that handbooks are generally not under an NDA as a whole, but the GPS and other tracking information has been placed under protection far more often as of late. I have attempted to conduct a search for you online about tracking down even a basic template and was unable to do so forcing me to conclude that my initial statement to you is valid. I suggest you consider contacting your local law library and see if they have a template on record.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dimitry, I have found some online policies, I thought your group would have something with a bit more substance. Are you sure your an Attorney? I would expect my Mom to tell me to go to the Library - as someone who's not totally up on 21st Century technology...
You asked for a legitimate template, not a basic template. Those are not online. As you said, if you want "more substance", that you would need to obtain from an attorney at $1,500-$5,000 per contract, or at a library for free if they have it. Yes, I am a licensed attorney, I sat for the bar and everything--even passed it, twice for different jurisdictions. Prior to law I was an IT person so not only do I know about the 21st century, I actually assisted in writing the code you use today. Some things you still have to go to the library for, things like valid templates and contracts. While the world changed, the courts for the most part are still stuck a bit behind the times, and unless you have a Lexis or a Westlaw account for which you are paying $300-$500 a month for online use, the online templates you will find will not be useful to you.

Take care and good luck.