MDLaw
MDLaw, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney representing companies and individuals in employment law matters and litigation
16277701

contract employment....i bought a mission foods route paid

Customer Question

contract employment....i bought a mission foods route paid $42000 grew the business but the last yr have had health issues which caused me miss work, had to hire a person to work my route when sick.... two of my stores were not satisfied and asked gruma corporation to replace me....so they voided my contract leaving me unable to sell my route losing $50k, while they "absorb" my business.....can u help
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using the JA website. Please remember that this site is intended to provide general legal information only.

What is your legal question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my question is...can gruma dissolve my contract based on two of eight acct. were dissatisfied with service while i was in the hospital... and if they are able, without compensating any of the $42k which now is acturally worth over $50k which would go to them
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a written contract with them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
If you have a written contract, then you would need to review that contract to determine on what basis the company can dissolve the contract and whether they would owe you any money if th ey do so since when two parties have a written contract, that contract controls their legal rights.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. Otherwise, please remember to hit the green ACCEPT button as that is the only way that we experts get compensated for our time, expertise, and research. We do not get paid by the website and so we rely on customers to honor the honor system and accept our responses so that we can continue to provide this service to people such as yourself. When leaving feedback, please also remember that we experts do not make the laws. We only report what the laws are and so please do not shoot the messenger.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did not receive an aswer to my question....telling me to review the contract is not an answer.. it has been done which led me to the question...can they dissolve the contract without compensation?....if this cannot be answered without reading the contract and you are unable to read the contract then you, unfortunately cannot aswer my question.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
Since you have a contract, the only way to answer your question is to review your contract. I don't have a copy of your contract and so I can't tell you what it says. If you read the disclaimer on this page, you will see that we cannot provide legal advice. We can only provide general legal information. Thus, the answer that I gave you is that when there is a written contract, the contract controls the legal rights of the parties.

If you wish to close the question without compensating me for my time, you have that right. Good luck to you and thanks for using Just Answer.