MDLaw, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney representing companies and individuals in employment law matters and litigation

I have been falsely accused of racial discrimination. There

I have been falsely accused of racial discrimination. There is currently a mediation in process with MCAD. Although my company is supporting me through the process, I'm concerned about my reputation and the effects this is going to have on my career. I'm writing because I'm concerned about if and when I should seek my own legal counsel.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using the JA website. Please remember that this site is intended to provide general legal information only.

What is your legal question, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Should I seek my own legal counsel or depend on my companies legal counsel to protect me against false racial discrimination charges that are currently only in mediation?

Expert:  MDLaw replied 4 years ago.
We cannot give you legal advice per the disclaimer as stated on this page. However, if you are concerned about keeping or losing your job, it is always best to seek your own legal counsel since your interests are not the same as your employer. In fact, your interests can be said to be at odd with your employer since they are the ones that would ultimately be liable if you were indeed found to have discriminated against an employee

Please let me know if you need any clarification. Otherwise, please remember to hit the green ACCEPT button as that is the only way that we experts get compensated for our time, expertise, and research. We do not get paid by the website and so we rely on customers to honor the honor system and accept our responses so that we can continue to provide this service to people such as yourself. When leaving feedback, please also remember that we experts do not make the laws. We only report what the laws are and so please do not shoot the messenger.