Zachary
Zachary, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

hurt on the job can i sue? I worked for ny state. I have heritated

hurt on the job can i sue? I worked for ny state. I have heritated dics in lower back.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Zachary replied 2 years ago.

Zachary D. Norris :

how were you injured?

Expert:  Zachary replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Zachary replied 2 years ago.
Since you are not in the chat room, I can give you a general answer and then we can follow up.

Since you are receiving workers compensation benefits, you cannot sue your employer for your injury. However, if the injury was actually the fault of a third party (i.e., a business or person not employed by your employer but working on the same site), then you could assert a suit against that third party. Also, if your injury was the result of a failure of a produce that was manufactured by someone else, you could have a products liability law suit.

For further response, you would have to tell me exactly how you were injured.

Please let me know if you need further analysis.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
triped over sign wire left in yhe ground.the wire was from a political sign left there. on ny state roadway grass aire. the signs were not aloud on ny state roadways. but was tolled to leave them there until after the elections.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all that was left of the sign was the metal wire sticking in the ground. witch should have been pick up.but was not.
Expert:  Zachary replied 2 years ago.
Ok...so your first issue will be if you can identify the third party who put the political sign on the public right of way.

If you can do that, then you could theoretically assert a claim against that party. However, you cannot sue your employer.
Zachary, Lawyer
Experience: Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination