Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I am a Director of Operations for a McDonalds franchee. My

Customer Question

I am a Director of Operations for a McDonald's franchee. My salary is 100,000. I have been with McDonald's pretty much since I was 16 years old. I am 36 now. The bulk of my McDonald's employment was with a differant franchisee. I have been the current franchisee for about 3 years. She recruted me to be her D/O for 11 locations in Chicago Il. I got hired in as a sup. salary of 60,000 and within 6 months I was promoted to D/O. Before joining her company I was in the process of getting debt and other obligations stuctured to position myself to get into the franchisee progam to become a franchisee myself. Before being promoted by her she had asked my if that was still my ambition. I told her what I wanted for me and my family and if running her company could meet those needs I would not need to be a franchisee. She told me that long term she was going to pay me enough money that I would not want to be a franchisee. A short time after that she informed me she was selling the 11 stores in chicago and buying 7 in south florida and she would like me to move down to florida and run the company. I june it will be 2 years. Now today we had a meeting and she ask me to resign do to a survey she had conducted with some hourly managers. And said that my management style is not a fit for her. This is after she know my management style. And after everything that I went through to come down here. My credit went from 730 to 580. My house that I could not sell went 11 months with out being paid. And uprooting my wife and 3 children from the place the had lived their entire lives. And now she does this. Do I have any options? thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 years ago.
What outcome are you seeking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont know what options are. wheather it is a severance package or what. do I have any leverage?
You can negotiate for a severance but before you do you want to research and ask what they normally offer. If their decision were discriminatory you could pursue a claim as well and have more leverage in negotiations.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
IWhat if she just want to eliminate my position do to my salary. regardless of sacrifices I have made in changing carrer direction and personal situation
I am afraid that is not illegal provided it is not because of your age.