Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English - Discrimination, Fire/Hire, Non-Compete, etc.
10033880

I dont think I made myself clear when I used the term present .

I don't think I made myself clear when I used the term "present". My boss is asking me to give presentations to scientific members with doctorates; I have only a high school education and I would find this extremely stessfull. Also, what she is asking of me is in direct conflict with my medical condition. Performing the presentations could worsen my illness. That is more the point than the traveling itself. I have already agreed to travel locally since I will just be touring a facility and not presenting.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 5 years ago.

Jane Doe Deer :

Your letter for reasonable accommodation can say whatever you can get your doctor to sign off on.

If your doctor thinks you'd get too stressed to make the presentations, that can be said in the letter.