Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor
1723468

Hello , I did some work close to Denver Colorado last year

<p>Hello , I did some work close to Denver Colorado last year one of the guys working got injured doing something that he was not suppose to be doing, were can I get some representation and information about what needs to be done on this workers comp claim that I got from him?</p><p>I"m a Subcontractor for a big company, the guy that fall down was getting up on a shingle elevator< what is not a latter and it wasn't part of his job eather, he was only in charge of bean on the grown getting debris pickt up, I haven't receive any information about the case myself but looks like the sue the company I work for and now I may loose my job becouse of that.. what should i do?</p>
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 3 years ago.
If you are covered by worker's compensation insurance, your insurance would be able to provide defense representation for his claim. If you had no worker's compensation insurance then most likely this worker is filing an injury claim against you in which case you would need a defense attorney in injuries cases.

A defense attorney can be searched by using the Martindale Hubble site. Below is a list of Denver injury attorneys.

http://www.martindale.com/Personal-Injury/s-colorado/denver-lawyers.htm

As to the employer's responsibility for a worker's compensation claim the following resource is key:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDLE-WorkComp/CDLE/1240336932511

Essentially your job is to report the injury as soon as you are aware of it. Reporting is done to your insurance company. If not filed on time, it could result in penalties and an automatic admitted claim.

Reporting information and the form can be accessed here.

Again if you have worker's compensation the best source would be your insurance company as they are responsible in handling such claims. Otherwise if you are self-insured or non-insured you may need a defense attorney in personal injury claims.

If the employee was doing something not authorized that may be used as a defense in injury claims but not in a worker's compensation case which protects both parties regardless of the activity involved (unless such person was doing something illegal).

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok so how the lawyers that can represent me are called? bcz I've bean asking workers comp attorney but they only represent the injure person, are they called personal injury attorneys?
No, you are looking for a defense attorney. If you have insurance then your insurance company should be representing you as they have their defense lawyers.

If you did not have insurance then this is a persona injury claim and you need to look for a personal injury defense attorney. Hope this makes sense.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor