Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor
1723468

I was working for AAA travel when i was offered a job with

I was working for AAA travel when i was offered a job with wells fargo to start right away. I told them that i needed 2 weeks notice for my current job. I informed AAA i would be leaving in 2 weeks. AAA hired a replacement which i was to train only to be notified a few days later that Wells Fargo just had a hiring freeze nation wide. If i would just left AAA without 2 weeks notice i would be employed and missed the hiring freeze. I was turned down for benifits which I think was unfair. I finnished out my 2 weeks with AAA training my replacement. Guess it doesn't pay to be loyal!!!! Can I appeal this and WIN!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 3 years ago.
Can I appeal this and WIN!

Unfortunately the answer is no. Any voluntary quit is a disqualification for unemployment benefits. Any other benefit qualification would depend if you met all requirements for that particular benefit (you don't mention what that benefit is and what the terms are, so I am assuming it is unemployment).

Only way to overcome an unemployment claim is to show an "involuntary quit" where working conditions were harsh that any reasonable person in your shows would have to quit. This is the only basis for appeals in unemployment denials and the employee bears the burden of proof to show the elements for an involuntary quit.

I wish I had better news to offer you.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor