Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Atty. 24+ years; Plain English - Discrimination, Fire/Hire, Non-Compete, etc.
10033880

My current employer hired outside counsel to advise me about

My current employer hired outside counsel to advise me about a potential lawsuit by my previous employer. My current employer was not satisfied that I listened to this attorney’s advice and fired me yesterday. I intend to hire my own attorney and would like to get copies of all legal records. Since the attorney was hired by the employer to advise me, do I have rights to those records? I was hired as an officer of the company.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Sometimes I'm unable to read your entire question until AFTER I write back to you.

Although it's usually five minutes, sometimes there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break. If we are writing late at night, I may have to go to sleep and resume helping you the following morning.

I need the following information before I can answer your question:

Can you please tell me what "legal records" it is that you want to obtain, and from whom?

Have you contacted this attorney yet, on your own?

Please be aware that JustAnswer.com and Eanswer.com are pay-for-answer web companies. You have offered to pay $38 for my work and I just need your acknowledgement that you will pay JustAnswer and me for the answer (as long as you are satisfied that I answered your question, of course).

I'll look forward to hearing from you,

Jane Doe Deer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am looking to obtain any notes, emails and other documents contained in the attorney's files that were obtained from conversations or other dealings with me and both employers. I emailed this request along with a couple of other questions to the attorney, and he responded to my other questions and ignored my request for file information.

Tomorrow morning, try calling the attorney's legal assistant/secretary, and ask how much it would cost for a copy of the file. That usually works.

If not, write me back and we'll go from there, all right?

Just want to let you know - I'm finished working for the day, and will not be available tomorrow (Friday). I'll be back on Saturday.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. I'm a real person, not Google.

Or, if that's what you wanted to know, please click accept. We'll be able to keep writing even after you do, but it gives me peace of mind.

My best,

Jane

Jane Doe Deer, Employment Lawyer
Experience: Atty. 24+ years; Plain English - Discrimination, Fire/Hire, Non-Compete, etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Worth a try.

Hello - did you call the office yesterday? If so, how did it go?

My best,

Jane