Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

my boss singles me out.. has production goals higher for me

my boss singles me out.. has production goals higher for me than others, critisizes me in front of staff... illegal? I'm a hygienist in nj.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. I'm an attorney with a legal career spanning 13 years and I will be assisting you today.

It can be illegal, but what matters more here is not that you are being treated differently.

Rather, the law is less concerned with that fact than it is concerned with WHY you are being treated differently.

If you believe that you are being treated differently based on your race, religion, gender, age, disability or FMLA use, then you can certainly make a claim with the EEOC (or Department of Labor for FMLA use issues) to deal with the disparate treatment. If you do not have any evidence to suggest one of these illegal motivations, there isn't any law against the differing treatment.