Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor

I am a former deputy from Richmond Sheriff Office. I was let

I am a former deputy from Richmond Sheriff Office. I was let go of my duties in December 2009. I was on light duty after injuring my knee three times on the job. Went to work on January 5, 2009 and they sent me home. I filed a case with EEOC but they couldn't find any wrong doings. They told me I could do a right to sue. After my son and my sickness my right of sue letter has expired. My question is can I still do something about being let go because of this disability.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately not. After being given the right to sue letter you only have 90 days to file suit. From the information you have provided, the time has no passed and you would be barred by the statute of limitations.

29 C.F.R. § 1601.28(e)(1)) that provides that claimants may not file lawsuits under Title VII or the Americans with Disabilities Act more than 90 days after receipt of a right to sue letter.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

Please Note: is a public forum. is not a law firm. is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm. uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.