Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I have a EEO case against the USPS and I have to decide whether

Customer Question

I have a EEO case against the USPS and I have to decide whether I want someone to represent me or not, but it is before the Administrative Judge of the EEOC-Atlanta District Office. I have thirty days to decide. Will a lawyer represent me at this late date if I can provide him/her with all the documents leading up to this meeting.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

Yes. This process involves a hearing for which you should retain a local employment law attorney to represent you. is usually a good source for locating attorneys by location and area of practice.

Thirty days is usually enough time for an attorney to get up to speed on a case, but I would not wait much longer. Look for ones who take contingency fee cases if at all possible.

All the best to you in the New Year.

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.