Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English - Discrimination, Fire/Hire, Non-Compete, etc.

After being at my teaching job for four weeks from returning

After being at my teaching job for four weeks from returning from leave due to health reasons, I was told by the superintendent that if a position became available in the district, I could be transferred there. I have been to three interviews with no success and I am having reoccurrences of my previous illness for being out on sick leave. What is my course of action?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 5 years ago.

Hello - I see that no one has answered your question yet.

I think that that's because it's a bit confusing and low-priced.

However, I'd like to help you today and thank you for being a very steady JustAnswer customer!

I don't understand what the problem is. Do you want me to read through your previous questions? Or can you explain it a bit better?

When you came back from sick leave, did you return to your same building, or to a different location?

Are you trying to return to where you USED to work before your sick leave, or to a new place where you haven't worked before?

Thanks - your clarification and help will let me help you better.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I returned to the same building, but I was told that when a position became available that suited my qualifications, that I would be able to transfer there. I have had three interviews at three different schools and have been turned down by each one. I'm trying to leave my current school.
These things happen. If, however, you believe that you can prove you are not being selected because of your recent health concerns, you can

file a complaint with both the state discrimination agency and the federal one, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

In Georgia, you can contact the state agency here:

You can contact the EEOC here: (there's a ton of great information at this website!)

If you wanted to know about something else, please be a bit more specific on what you had in mind.

My best,

If you start with the state agency, in most states they'll file a complaint with the EEOC on your behalf at the same time.

There are deadlines for filing, so don't delay!

Complaint investigations are free. They're not always the best, XXXXX XXXXX do get a free investigation. If it looks like they are going to file a "no cause" finding, withdraw your complaint before they do. That way, if you go to court, a "no cause" finding can't be used against you.