Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Atty. 24+ years; Plain English - Discrimination, Fire/Hire, Non-Compete, etc.
10033880

i am a nurse i worked Friday night 7p 7a i had a heavy load

i am a nurse i worked Friday night 7p 7a i had a heavy load i clocked out @ 10:30 am the next @ 0645 am while a nursing aid and i changing the patient i found a vial with some propofol in it. I took it put in my pocket finished with the patient i showed to a nurse as my witness and discard it in the red disposable ban. I continued my work wrote my notes and clocked out , i went in the pantry to take some water was no cups on my way out the pantry floor was wet i tripped and fell , the other nurses told to go to emergency room i did not want to go because after working 15 hours i just want to go home, finally they convinced me i said i am not going to hospital er i had bad memories i was transferred there the 1/10/10 on orientation i was treated like dog therefore i said take to the next door er. in er ct scan was done x-rays done they found out that i have fracture left radial styloid and my arm in cast now. yesterday i went to take the incident report to my supervisor, the nurse administrator accused me of taking drugs in the pyxis and taking the propofol that why i fell . she wanted me to admit that i have drug addiction problem so she can send me to rehab other she going to suspend me pending investigation. i work there for 10 years therefore i will loose all my benefit and my pension. we have a union but she is buddy buddy with the delegates, she told me one of the delegate will call me to talked to and i need to see her next week. my question is i would to resigned today so i will not loose my pension before the send my name to license in Albany NY and do a drug test today and see them in court I don't want to talk to union rep they all the same because she already talk to them.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 3 years ago.

Jane Doe Deer :

Hello - I read what you wrote so far, but could you please clarify precisely what your legal question is?

And is your question about your employer or union?

Thanks so much - looking forward to chatting with you!

Jane Doe Deer :

Are you there? If I don't hear back soon, I'll switch your question over to "question and answer" instead of chat.

Jane Doe Deer, Employment Lawyer
Experience: Atty. 24+ years; Plain English - Discrimination, Fire/Hire, Non-Compete, etc.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my question i would like to resign so i will not loose my benefit this is the main question

If you are currently on a health plan and you resign you are eligible to pay for your COBRA group plan for 18 months. Be aware, however, that your monthly cost will shoot up significantly. At the end of the 18 months you'll be allowed to switch to a personal plan.

For more on COBRA: http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/health-plans/cobra.htm

May I be of more help? Just write back - no extra charge for follow-up questions.

If, on the other hand, I've answered your legal question, please click on "accept" - otherwise, I won't be paid anything at all for my time!

My best, XXXXX XXXXX of luck to you,

Jane Doe Deer