Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

Does my employer have to give me opportunity for health insurance

Does my employer have to give me opportunity for health insurance if
everyone else gets it ? Same question stated plainly I hope .
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.

I would be happy to answer your question. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you, or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open forum. Do you accept these terms? Please answer yes or no to continue.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.

Typically, unless you are eligible for Medicaid or other insurance that most employees are not eligible to receive, the employer must offer all similarly situated employees the same benefits and NOT discriminate on the basis of age (40 or older).

If the employer is discriminating, then a grievance should typically be filed with the employer's HR dept. and a complaint filed with the EEOC if the employer does not resolve the matter.

Best regards,

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated. Thank you and the best of luck.