Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years. Labor and Employment. Former Administrative Law Judge.
9112957

Do I have any rights if I lost in a Aribration Hearing

Do I have any rights if I lost in a Aribration Hearing?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Cowgirl Lawyer replied 6 years ago.
Hello!

I hate to say this, but in truth it depends on the issue and the facts of your case. Sometimes you may have the right to file a claim before a regulatory board. For example, you might have an issue of a union contract violation that goes to arbitration. That same general issue might also involve an unfair labor practice that could be taken before the labor board. Or, there may be grounds to contest the arbitrator's decision in court. If you are considering further challenges to an arbitrator's decision, you should talk to your union, if you are represented by a union, or a employment/labor law attorney.

I will be happy to clarify my answer if you need me to do so.

If not, please click ACCEPT. I do not get paid for my work unless you click ACCEPT. Like you, I cannot work for free.

Your positive feedback wins me points and costs you but a moment of time. A "bonus" awards me for an especially good job.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "For Cowgirl Lawyer."

Good luck and best wishes!

Cowgirl Lawyer

IMPORTANT: I am not your attorney, and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights. My function here is to provide education to the public so that people can understand the law. If you accept my answer, you are accepting educational information. Please remember that this is a public forum. Anything you discuss here is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Do not take any action or fail to take action based upon our discussion here. I am an experienced attorney licensed in Illinois, but I do not hold myself out as an "expert" in any area of law (Illinois does not recognize such attorney specializations). Any representation to the contrary by JustAnswer is in error. You should consult with an attorney in your area for specific advice relevant to your situation.