Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I was a owner operator for Atlas Van Lines for the last 31

Customer Question

I was a owner operator for Atlas Van Lines for the last 31 years . In June of this year a weights and measurement worker for NY state observed my truck getting a weight with a pickup on the scale behind the tractor trailer,he must have assumed i was cheating on the weight of a shippment.He contacted Atlas Van Lines and I was barred.The weights in question were never used in billig of any shippment,it was just a game we play with other drivers to say who has the highest weight.Atlas Van Lines and the weights and measures worker never ask me of my intentions.The weights and measures worker along with Atlas Van Lines assumed i was using this weight for a shippment.After 31 years and a impeccable safety and customer service rcord with Atlas Van Lines I was barred without any imput.I was a highly respected operator now my reputation has been trashed.Is there anything i could do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.You should follow up here and ask about your appeal rights.You have these but they may be time limited.Here are numbers and you may also ask about mediation or other resolution.

http://www.state.nj.us/oag/ca/adr/index.htm

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what are my rihts and what numbers are you talking about,
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Department of Consumer Affairs
Office of Weights and Measures
788 East Commerce Street
Bridgeton, NJ 08302(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

If they are suspending yourlicense you are bound to have rights to appeal and a hearing here.Make sure that your appeal here is docketed.They shoud be able to give you information here--it should have been included in the notice letter you got.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like acedit you where no help
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
I'll opt out here.You weren't charged.