Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law

I have a condition called charcot foot. Is this a condition

I have a condition called charcot foot. Is this a condition for social security disability,I am 53yrs. old
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 6 years ago.

There is no absolute answer to your question. Whether or not you are eligible to receive Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) depends on many factors. The SSA goes through a 5 step process to determine whether you are eligible and your medical condition is just one of them. It is very complex and depends on whether or not you have a "severe" condition under their definitions which interferes with basic work-related activities and of course you must no longer be able to work and earn more than $1000 a month doing any work. There is much more to the evaluation than this and you will need a lot of documentation from your doctor.

Having said that, there are people with your condition who have been approved for SSDI. However, as I indicated this is very complex and based on a case by case analysis. You might start your determination to see if you might be qualified by going to the SSA's website that talks about the steps to qualification and see if you fit. That site is: