How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question

Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 97757
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a key holder for dollar general and coming to work the

Customer Question

I'm a key holder for dollar general and coming to work the other day I realized that the manager and a cashier had only completed three shelves of a new planogram, I was upset because the manager told me I had to finish the rest that night by myself. I gave my two week notice by telephone, nothing in writing. He then called me and told me that I could start opening in the mornings which is what I had been asking for and that another cashier's hours would be cut. I rethought the two week notice. Now he is telling me I have been replaced and not to finish the two weeks. Also, when I received my keys I was suppose to have received a raise which I have yet to see on my pay stub? Is the two week notice I gave valid and can he just tell me to leave?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, without some written contract to the contrary, you are an at will employee and the employer can terminate you for no reason or any reason that is not based solely on your age/race/sex/disability. Once you gave your two week notice, in whatever manner you gave it, the employer is not bound to allow you to retract that notice and the employer can also decide not to allow you to finish out the two weeks. A far as your raise, if you were entitled to the additional money and never received it, then for that money you can make a wage claim with the TN Department of Labor's wage and hour division.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.


You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

not satisfied and would like a refund of my 28 dollars, thats what the site said in good faith.


Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You are not satisfied because the law itself is not in your favor, but the experts cannot help what the law is. You asked for legal advice and you received the proper information under the laws of the State of TN. You are free not to accept, as per the terms of the site, but it is not because you did not receive a proper legal answer it is merely because you do not like the fact the law is not on your side and gives you no recourse other than filing for your wage claim and that is not the fault of the expert who answered your question.

If you want a refund, since the experts have no control over that, Please go to and customer service will assist you. Best of luck to you.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • I must thank you all for such a positive and knowledgeable Expert in your Employment Law category. She has provided much relief and answers for me in the midst of dealing with a case. I am totally pleased with her customer service and care. Mildred Washington, DC
< Last | Next >
  • I must thank you all for such a positive and knowledgeable Expert in your Employment Law category. She has provided much relief and answers for me in the midst of dealing with a case. I am totally pleased with her customer service and care. Mildred Washington, DC
  • Excellent direction from Socrateaser to help me preserve and pursue my rights as a proud American who has become unemployed in this messed-up economic downfall. Thank you Happy Customer Denver, CO
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
  • Marsha411JD's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Attorney with 28 yrs. exp in Employment Law
  • Infolawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
  • Allen M., Esq.'s Avatar

    Allen M., Esq.

    Employment Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Employment/Labor Law Litigation
  • JB Umphrey's Avatar

    JB Umphrey


    Satisfied Customers:

    Assisting employees and employers for over 14 years.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
  • Thoreau (T-USA)'s Avatar

    Thoreau (T-USA)


    Satisfied Customers:


Related Employment Law Questions

Chat Now With An Employment Lawyer
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq.
Attorney At Law
13509 Satisfied Customers
20+ Years of Employment Law Experience