JustAskJenn, Attorney at Law (JD)
Experience:  I am the founder of a law firm and have over eight years of legal experience.

I am collecting Unemployment benefits in the state of Georgia,

I am collecting Unemployment benefits in the state of Georgia, I just had an accident and recovering from surgery, Does this disqualify me from receiving my weekly benefit check during my recovery period?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  JustAskJenn replied 6 years ago.

So long as you are willing and able to accept work they should allow you to keep receiving your benefits. They may make you show proof you have been looking for a job such as contact names and numbers or want to get more information from you as proof that you are still eligible. If you answered any of your questions differently recently this could trigger them to go through this investigation phase. At any rate, I would assure them you are willing and able to work, and are still in the process of looking for a job and to restore your benefits to you.

I hope this has helped, if you have any further questions please feel free to ask. Please don't forget to hit the green accept button as this is the only way we experts get credit for the work we do. Thanks in advance. Good luck and God bless.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information. I will call my unemployment office and explain that I can work at a position that allows me to sit, during the recovery period and that I am continuing to seek employment by sending out resumes and placing phone inquiries.