Lawmoe, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience in employment law.

I recently applied for uc benefits. I am the sole stockholder

I recently applied for uc benefits. I am the sole stockholder and president of a small construction corp. in Pa. I had one employee for 2009 for 12 weeks and i was an employee for 20 weeks. Should i qualify? I answered all of their questions. An of course the questions were did you have control...did you do this and that? you know. Of course I had to answer yes to everything because there is no one else. I have an accountant that filed and (the corp. paid) all uc taxes, wages, futa, everything is to date including filings from June 2009 to present showing no activity in the business, employmeny or otherwise. I also was asked about working a side self employment job as I said yes. and also told them I have no work here. This is why i did not file till now. Should I be able to receive benefits and if not under what circumstances should I be able to collect? Thanks Tim
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

If you are self employed, you do not qualify,I am afraid.

Please click ACCEPT BELOW