Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

is a 401k distribution considered income when reporting to

is a 401k distribution considered income when reporting to california edd
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Yes. You need to report it as income during the week you received the distribution. It is not earned income, so it should only effect that week of benefits though.

Please let me know if you need clarification.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Tina G

Please press the green "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered/clarified your question. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is highly recommended that you seek representation by a local attorney for all legal matters. The state bar association can provide you with attorney referrals. Please remember that I cannot know what you know unless you tell me. There may be important factors that are relevant to your question that I am not aware of in your specific situation, but I will always do my best to be professional, courteous, and prompt.