JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Government and private sector employment law experience
16110456

If you quit your job can you draw unemployment after a waiting

If you quit your job can you draw unemployment after a waiting period and also if you have a hand injury not work related, can you get temporary disability?
Generally, are not eligible for unemployment if you quit. There are a few exceptions when quiting is justified such as extreme changes in pay. If you were not employed at the time, then you would not be eligible for the short term disability benefits. If you were employed, injuries occurring outside of work can result in short term disability coverage.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if the company had you doing extreme change in duties such as doing a managers job without manager pay?
A change in duties such as you describe would most likely not result in a "quit" being considered justified. There could be exceptions. In conclusion, an unemployment request should be made and if the request is denied it should be appealed. You would have the opportunity to explain why quiting was justified.

Thank you