socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I want to know about EXOTIC DANCERS PERMITT OR LICENSE to

Customer Question

I want to know about EXOTIC DANCER'S PERMITT OR LICENSE to work as a dancer in clubs that are asked by cities in California, a few in the OC (Anaheim, Arcadia) I even think San Francisco needs a license to work there too. How DOES THAT LICENSE CAN AFFECT THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS. Mostly precisely in the case of a MARRIAGE PROCESS. Cause they say it doesn't go to in the girls backgrounds but they have to put a picture, SS, finger print and stuff there. so does that really doesn't go to MY RECORDS or the fact that having this on my records would affect anything in terms of immigration. And what would be the difference then of having a license in California from having one in LAS VEGAS THEN. would the difference be based on the TAXES cause since they have a BUSINESS LICENSE there as well as the exotic dancer license, they have to discriminate every single detail when they pay their taxes and that's what will remain in their backgrounds and records?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.

Choosing to engage in exotic dancing has no direct legal effect on the issue of whether a marriage was entered into in good faith, rather than to circumvent the immigration laws.

However, the fact that a woman is engaged as an exotic dancer, could be used to call into question whether your husband actually cares about you, which indirectly calls the marriage into question.

Most men would have a big problem with their wife as an exotic dancer, so there is a risk, in my opinion, that has nothing to do with the legal record of your activities, or any license issue. As long as your husband can convince the investigator that his love for you is undiminished by your chosen profession, then you're okay. But, if your husband tells the investigator that he couldn't care less what you do -- that could undermine your application for legal permanent resident status.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi :)

Thanks

I understand that men can be a little negative about the issue.

But I'm really concerned if that would be in my records and if one day someone does a background check on me that they would be able to find out about the dancing work. cause the finger print seems to make it very serious.

And also if this licenses in California are any different from the ones in Las Vegas. I tend to think they are more strict about the exotic dacing in Las Vegas because of the business license thing and the taxes? But if they don't put that in my records dancing in California, they wouldn't if I was doing the same in Las Vegas? Or would they be any different because of the business license they ask there? or because of the taxes? Cause maybe the taxes there are more specific in terms of the work I do

I thought that you were concerned about the immigration issue, but apparently not.

As far as I am aware, no California county or city requires that individual dancers obtain a license. The license is only for the operator of the nightclub/cabaret.

If you know of a specific regulation requiring an exotic dancer to obtain a license, please provide me with the legal authority.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sure it's not a question you hear every day...

I thought they didn't ask for a license in the Los Angeles and Orange County. But cities such as Anaheim and Arcadia don't allow girls to work without an exotic dancer's license. And as far as I know, the city of Arcadia charges 150 dollares for the license and the city of Anaheim charges 20 dollars. Otherwise the girls get a ticket. In Los Angeles they don't ask for a license.

I am very concerned if that would be in my records and if someone does my background check in the future cause it's not something that anybody would like to have there specially when I go trough the immigration process.If it would be in my records, that would be a problem anyway in terms of immigration as you mentioned before. It would make things more complicated for no reason. And my future husband doens't know I dance and I don't want him to know. So if they would ask, that would become a problem. And the fact that if it doesn't go to my records in the state of California,then the same reasons should keep in from being put in my records by the city of Las Vegas, although their difference is that they ask for business license also in Las Vegas.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I thought they didn't ask for a license to work as an exotic dancer in the Los Angeles and Orange County. But cities such as Anaheim and Arcadia don't allow girls to work without an exotic dancer's license. And as far as I know, the city of Arcadia charges 150 dollares for the license and the city of Anaheim charges 20 dollars. Otherwise the girls get a ticket. In Los Angeles they don't ask for a license.