AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in the Employment law arena.
10805288

can i sue my job union for mishandling my case,i was fired

can i sue my job union for mishandling my case,i was fired from my job for something i didnt do and i grieve through my job union who than took on my grievance with job, at which time couple of meetings was setup, some of those meetings was held and some wasnt for two years off and on, i will call, and at times i was talk to, at times i was told that they was going to call me back and i will expect a call and will not get one and when i try calling i get answering machine, i will leave messages and still wont get no call, i recently went back at the job to meet with the union persons and couple of union board members advice me to sue the union since infact since i left the settle couple of cases.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 4 years ago.

Dear law,

With regard to your posted facts and question, as noted below:

I DO tend to agree with the suggestion that you sue the union. You have a contract with that union, and in consideration of its obligations to you vis a vis your job with your company, protection of same, due process rights, etc., you paid substantial dues out of every paycheck. So, you paid the union for its services, yet it appears to have failed to provide you some basic services. You will likely want to use an attorney, so consider interviewing many, in the area of employment/union contracts, etc. They are not always easy to find, but if you contact your local bar association, they often have referral lists. You can also do a search under http://www.martindale.com/ . If possible, inquire of the attorney after you meet with him, of the potentiality of a contingent fee arrrangement, where, instead of a retainer and you paying him by the hour ($300+), you agree to pay him 30% or so of whatever award you win. It may be possible to find a lawyer willing to work this arrrangment, but you may have to interview many to find him.

Good luck, I wish you justice here.

Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks

Sincerely,

S. Joy, Legal Expert

My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.

AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19+ Years of Legal Practice in the Employment law arena.