Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor
1723468

Per section 28-44-18 of RI Employment Security Act I am denied

Per section 28-44-18 of RI Employment Security Act I am denied UC benifits. I was denied specifically for not following my former employers performance plan which is not why I was told was the reson for my termination. I had already gone through an action plan sucessfully and after changing departments was supposedly fired for not wearing a glove on my first night in the new department after a customer complaint. PLEASE HELP! It has been three months of waiting after repeated requests for a determination in my case.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 4 years ago.
If you are an "at-will" employee you can be terminated for any or no reason at all, so long as your termination is not based on discrimination as protected under the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. In order to win an UE claim you would need to dispute the grounds for termination. If you in fact were not complying with the requirements of the job, then it would be extremely difficult to prevail, since lack of compliance can result in termination. Otherwise if you have evidence showing that the termination was not based on good cause, then you will need to ask to set for a trial and present your evidence and witnesses. This is a case where evidence is required.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor