Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Can my employer clock me out of work without telling me, and

Can my employer clock me out of work without telling me, and then not pay me for the additional hours I worked after that? I work part-time as a waitress.

Thank you for your question.

Your employer must pay you for the hours that you have worked. If you are paid according to the hours that are clocked in and out, then your employer cannot clock you out. If you were unpaid for the hours you have worked you can file a complaint with the Atty. Gen.'s office.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you.

This happened about 3 weeks ago. What action should I have taken then; and what action can I take now?

I don't remember exactly how long it was I worked overtime, but I think it was about 1 hour. I was just so stunned when, at the end of my work, my manager told me what he did. I'm about to start a shift with the head manager and want to inform him of the situation. I feel like I at least deserve the 1 hours pay plus an apology from the responsible manager.

You will want to inform the head manager of the situation. If the head manager does not see to it that you were paid, you can contact the attorney general's office to file a complaint. You will want to have the head manager informed your manager not to clock you out in the future.