Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I am off on a workers comp case from a petsmart store. the

I am off on a workers comp case from a petsmart store. the piece of equipment that led to my injury is still being used on a daily basis and has not been fixed. What are my options if the dr realeases me from full disability before the equipment is repaired? As an aside this equipment has been broken for the year and a half it took them to decide i was really injured and at least another 4-6 years prior to that. We were told they were not replacing any equipment as we were going to be getting a new store. Well 3 full years later and we are still in same store with same old, bad, damaged equipment and flooring.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Report the unsafe equipment and your injury to OSHA right away. They should send an inspector and either shut down the machine or at least dictate that you do not have to use it until it is replace/repaired.

As an aside, I hope you have a workers' comp attorney to represent your legal interests regarding your injury.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: Sometimes we receive your question before we receive your additional "optional information". If my response does not appear to consider your optional information, please let me know as I was probably not able to view it when your question was first received.