Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I think my boss is discriminating against me because, I am

I think my boss is discriminating against me because, I am pregnant.

I told her that I was pregnant, and the following week she called me stupid because I didn't know how to do something that was out of my job scope.
The week following that I received a write up for something that any person within the company had access to, and could have caused.
This week she called me into her office to discuss my work performance, and asked me how I felt about my job. I told her I felt fine about it, but I have been a bit overwhelmed lately. I didn't tell her it was because we are understaffed due to her "laying people off".   I have made metion of this on more than one occasion.
She then tells me that my appearance isn't to her satisfaction.
The following day she told me that my hair, make up , and shoes are a problem. I wear make up every day, and my hair is always done. She wants me to wear high heels every day and the doctor asked me not to.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
The Pregnancy Discrimination Act is an amendment to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions constitutes unlawful sex discrimination under Title VII

If an employee is temporarily unable to perform her job due to pregnancy, the employer must treat her the same as any other temporarily disabled employee

If the employer so discriminates, the next step is to file a complaint with the eeoc. see