Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor
1723468

How long does my former employer have to pay me my 401k after

How long does my former employer have to pay me my 401k after I request it? The request was made on or about June 30, 2009.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 5 years ago.
The answer to your question is dependent upon review of your plan's Summary Plan Description, which outlines the timelines to make withdrawals. The employer provides the employee with the SPD upon at the time of your enrollment and varies per the plan that you are in. In general, most allow immediate distribution, while others would require 6 months to one year. If your SPD is not clear, your HR should be able to tell you, if not the 401K administrator can answer that question specifically based on the 401K plan you have enrolled in.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor