Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  Review contracts for major corporations
14472836

Does FMLA cover calling in late due to medical condition?

Intermittent FMLA can provide for some level of accomodation. This can mean that you will be docked the time you missed from work.. It means you cannot be disciplined for taking the time for medical reasons.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So if I was fired due to calling in after my start time and my FMLA was approved this would be a violation of my rights under FMLA protection. I was not absent from work just called in late and made up time. Is this covered?

If you are on intermittent FMLA and if your medical condition is what casued you to call in late then you were improperly terminated. You local department of labor offcie can help you with a claim.

You cannot declare you are on FMLA and request protection for calling in late.