How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A colleague has made an official complaint against me t work.

Customer Question

A colleague has made an official complaint against me t work. I have been told to attend an interview with a Senior Secretary on Friday. The Sen Sec has told me that a another employee will be in attendance taking notes. I have also been told that I will not get a copy of the complaint. I'm not sure where I stand. My Company does not have an HR Department
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
The employer is given discretion to implement their own disciplinary policy. Complaint documents are the property of the employer, so they are not required to give you a copy. You will have the opportunity to state your position on the allegations. If you feel uncomfortable you can see if an employment law attorney can come with you to the meeting. I understand it is short notice, but see if that is possible. Review any existing company policies with regards XXXXX XXXXX complaint process and make sure it is complied with. You can also take your own notes and if you are asked to sign documents, make sure they reflect accurate information or don't sign them until you can get a lawyer to review them.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.


Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Related Employment Law Questions