MDLaw
MDLaw, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney representing companies and individuals in employment law matters and litigation
16277701

I was fired from walmart and not allowed to work there again because of a misdemeanor is

my boss fired me today and said i can't work for the company again ty because my simple battery conviction is a violent crime and that prevents me from employment at wal mart ever i've been on suspension for six months waiting for the outcome of my case plenty of people work at walmart with misdemeanors isn't this discrimination or unlawful work practices
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 7 years ago.
If you were an at-will employee, they can choose to terminate you for any reason or no reason at all. Therefore, no, it is not discrimination or wrongful termination unless you can prove that you were discriminated against based on your age, gender, race, disability, or national origin. If, for example, you had actual evidence that other people with the same criminal background history were not terminated and they were all of a different race than you, for example.