C. M. Page, Esq.
C. M. Page, Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years experience assisting individuals and employers with employment law issues.

I was a manager at a walmart distribution center for two years.

Customer Question

I was a manager at a walmart distribution center for two years. The last year i worked there i managed a area that created a hositle work enviroment for me. i one employee inparticular that plotted aginst me beccause of my race. the upper management was aware of this. I also worked 18 to 20 hours a day. Is there some way that i can sue them.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  C. M. Page, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Was the employee who harassed you a supervisor? Did you complain about the harassment?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There were two white men that worked under me. Yes i did complained to my operation manager and he even witness one act of aggression. I also complained to my AGM and GM and other members of management. These two men openly plotted to undermine me. They even went as far as to try to incite my other employees.

If they created a racially hostile working environment then you may have a case if Walmart failed to do anything in response to your complaints. A lot depends on the severity of the conduct you experienced. You should speak with local employment counsel who can help you with the process of filing a complaint. Here's a link to a site that you can use to find local counsel -

Good luck!

Please press the Green "Accept" button so that I can be paid for answering your question.

The term "expert" used by this site is for its own purposes and is not recognized or supported by any Bar or legal organization. Although I have trained in employment law and practiced it exclusively for over ten years, I do not claim to be an "expert."

The responses provided are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. In order to obtain legal advice you must contact an attorney licensed to practice law in your state. Because this is a public forum, there is no attorney-client relationship and your questions and my answers are not confidential or subject to the attorney client privilege.