Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I am a BOA Trainee for Edward Jones - I have been with them

I am a BOA Trainee for XXXXX XXXXX - I have been with them for 8 months. Last week my boss had me "written" up for "not paying attention to detail" and has had me put on probation for one year - no transfers, no raises, no bonuses. The training for the the first six months of employment was working with modules on the computer and testing - which I passed. The past two months she has been giving me things to do that I have never done before, and I have called our Home Office for direction at all times. They didn't catch an error I made, and have repeatedly been given incorrect information - hence the lack of "paying attention to detail". I don't feel that I have been trained properly do the work in question and my boss will not answer any questions regarding these issues.   I left work Friday thinking I would not go back, but I am a good worker and I AM DETAIL ORIENTED. I will be terminated as soon as anything questionable comes up again. Is it better to quit or be terminated?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
Is any of the conduct based on your race, gender, age or nationality?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Legally, the employer has discretion to do as it pleases where not discriminatory. So thinking long term, if termination is not debatable, resignation looks better for prospective employers.   
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much. Thanks to your answer I think I might be able to finally sleep tonight!
You are welcome.