socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

If my boss shoved/pushed me, what should I do Also, if she

Customer Question

If my boss shoved/pushed me, what should I do? Also, if she encouraged the custodians to place trash on teachers desk, as it was one Monday morning, what should I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

If you have proof of the altercation, then call the police. And, you can sue in civil court for assault and battery. But, if you're not physically harmed, your damages may be very small (maybe $1,000 -- enough to get the boss' attention).

If you don't have proof, then you're probably wasting your time, because in court, no proof = no case.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.