Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I work 2 jobs. one full time and one part time. i have a set

Customer Question

i work 2 jobs. one full time and one part time. i have a set schedule at my full time job but do not at my part time job,however my part time job makes our schedules 3 weeks in advance. my full time job is forcing mandatory overtime. is it legal for them to tell me that i must tell my other employment that i can not come in because of mandatory overtime?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
they have the right to request that you work OT, but they can't force you. However, if you refuse, they can fire you and hire someone else willing to do what they want.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they can tell me that i need to call my other employer and tell them i wont be in because of mandatory overtime?
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

Yes.