Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law and Just Answer Legal Mentor
1723468

Can a employer ask you to shave your beard after they have

Can a employer ask you to shave your beard after they have taken over a company that you have worked for for three years?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
The employer is given the discretion to implement their own company policy or change existing company policy to accomodate their new take over of the business. So long as the request is not related to discrimination (such as based on race, religion, or national orgin), the employer can make such request. Now if your employer is asking only certain people to shave (but not those protected by religion or cultural practices as example) it may be possible that the employer is engaging in discrimination. It would depend on your particular situation.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.