Faye Lee
Faye Lee, Lawyer
Experience:  Have 30 years experience in labor/employment law.
1817964

can i sue my employer for not paying me on time.ex. i was suppose

can i sue my employer for not paying me on time.ex. i was suppose to recieve my payroll check dec 23 and it should have had a total of 80 hrs plus 14 hr of overtime instead it was 40 hrs of pay with 9 hrs overtime. and they tell me i have to wait til dec 29th to recieve the rest of my 40 hours of pay and 5 hrs of overtime.please let me know what i can do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Faye Lee replied 8 years ago.
Hello, if you have a set payday and your employer has failed to pay for all hours worked you can file a complaint with the Labor Dept/Wage Division. You can report over the phone. You want to contact your local Labor dept as well as the US Labor Dept to file a complaint. It will take them some time to investigate. Otherwise you may seek out an employment attorney to help you with this process.