Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

Fired for drinking on the job . No one pulled me away from

Customer Question

Fired for "drinking on the job". No one pulled me away from my job, told me to go home or proved to see what I was drinking- or that I was drunk. Was allowed to work another shift the next day- pulled into an office 2 days later and told I was being suspended for drinking two days prior. No prior warnings- no one even talked to me about the situation to find out what happend. I feel like I was being targeted to be fired and this was an easy way to do it- it doesnt seem right.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
what state are you in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Absent an employee manual requiring otherwise and if the decision is not based on your race/gender/age, the employer is within its discretion to have acted as it did. Your recourse is to seek reinstatement by negotiation, not by litigation.