legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for 10 years

Is there a Statute of Limitations Period for filing unemployment

Is there a Statute of Limitations Period for filing unemployment benefits. I quit a job because my employer was not willing to allow time or a space for expressing milk after giving birth. Since I quit I did not know I could still file for unemployment insurance. Can I still in California?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
Since you did not state how long ago it was that you quit, let me say that you have the right to file for unemployment from that job if you have not been employed since that separation by any other employer. You will not get benefits for the weeks you have been unemployed and failed to follow, but you can get benefits from now (the day you do file) until you are employed or use up all your benefits.