How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33265
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How long may a private company keep an employee on suspension

Resolved Question:

How long may a private company keep an employee on suspension? Could it be forever. Mine does not want to fire me with a disability just keep me on suspension.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
There is no set time established. At some point it becomes what is known as a "constructive termination" but there is no set definition of when that occurs in every case. It is case and fact specific.

However, you were right to file the complaint with the EEOC (you also need to file with your state Commission on Human Rights) since the suspension was an act of discrimination.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions