socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I am an ex-felon in Kansas City, MO., a dentist for the past

I am an ex-felon in Kansas City, MO., a dentist for the past 30 years. Convicted of non-filing and non-payment of payroll taxesI was recently approached by a healthcare facility and offerred a contract to work for their facility. Contract was signed and a package was delivered to their credentialing officer. Information in the investigative report made the company resend their offer.I was upfront with the CEO before signing the contract about serving time. I was told as long as you have your dental license you are employable with his company. Any help available to acquire the job.Artis L. Clark, DDS, Class D Felony conviction.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

The issue is entirely controlled by the contract language. If the contract is for a fixed term and is not conditioned on your never having committed a felony, then the employer is bound and you can sue for lost wages until you find substitute employment.

If the contract is not for a fixed term, or expressly states that it is "at-will," then the employer can rescind or terminate the agreement at any time for any reason or for no reason at all, and there's nothing that you can do about it.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The contract was for a 2 year period to start on or before Oct. 1st 2008.

Your answer makes since it's just a matter of how I was approached and what was verbalized "all you need is your license and I've got a job for you. Your past jail time is not a concern."

Based on your facts, it looks as though you may have a case. Get yourself an employment attorney.