Faye Lee
Faye Lee, Lawyer
Experience:  Have 30 years experience in labor/employment law.
1817964

I was recently fired from CVS Pharmacy. It was due to a ...

I was recently fired from CVS Pharmacy. It was due to a customer complaint. I outlined a letter that showed how the District Manager treated me differently than others and that he had told my old Manager that if the situation had involved her nothing would have happened, but because it was me and not her I was fired. This was told to HR at CVS and nothing was done. Could I have grounds to file suit against CVS for discrimination?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Faye Lee replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I know this must be hurtful, can you tell me if you are in a protective class such as race, gender, age and what about the manager and the person the manager compared you with?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I am a white male of Italian decent. My Manager was a white female and the District Manager is a white male. The District Manager just didn't like me. My Manager thought the world of me. I was the assistant Manager.
Expert:  Faye Lee replied 6 years ago.

Hello, I know this is hurtful. You may review your complaint with an attorney to determine if you have a validate complaint for a wrongful termination. It appears that there were company guidelines and policies but would be applied differently with employees, where the employer failed to follow their own policy thereby creating an work environment that has adversley impacted you.

If you were singled out and treated differently you may have a recourse to file against your employer.The great part of this is that you will need to prove the allegations and show that the policies were not followed in your case.

The other factor is that your state has a law that is called AT Will that states that any employee can be terminated at anytime for any reason as long as the reason is not discriminatory. This doctrine would apply in your case unless you can approve discrimination. I hope this has helped if so click

Faye Lee, Lawyer
Experience: Have 30 years experience in labor/employment law.