Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

My boss has been saying things about me behind my back, ...

Customer Question

My boss has been saying things about me behind my back, blaming me for errors when they are here errors, and talking bad about my employees. I told her I was leaving in June and she put my position in the paper and hired another person for it. She told a co-worker that she was firing me and two other employees in two. What should I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  JENN replied 8 years ago.

Hello - what kinds of things does your boss say about you? How do you know?

Have you ever sat down and had a meeting with her? Tell her your issues, how feel about her defaming you in front of your co-workers? What is your occupation?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
She told me I wasn't worth what she was paying me-which isn't even what we discussed in my initial interview. She looked me, my fiance, and 2 other employees up on wi circuit court access and said my fiance wasn't welcome on this property because she didn't like his image. She said one of my employees was a jail bird. She told me I shouldn't be dating my fiance because she doesn't like him and that my personal life is her business and I should do what she thinks is right for myself. She has blamed me for her ordering mistakes, I have to go through her before I can make any kind of decision and then I have to make the decision she wants. Not what I think would benefit the motel. I am a general manager of a small motel.I have talked to her about things and she says if you ever repeat this I will deny it. She has told me she doesn't like 2 of my employees.