BusinessDoc, Consultant
Experience:  MD, MBA - Consulting & teaching in business and HR management issues

Can you draw unemployment if you quit your job due to ...

Can you draw unemployment if you quit your job due to stress and hosile work environment?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  BusinessDoc replied 8 years ago.
You MAY be able to collect unemployment, HOWEVER, each case would be decided on its own merits. Your employer may challenge your claim, and the decision will depend on the weight of evidence that you have to support your claim of stress and the hostile environment.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to BusinessDoc's Post: I have written proof that my employer will not contest the unemployemt.
Will I have to get something from my doctor or show where I was on LOA due to stress?
The documentation from the doctor may be helpful. If your employer is not going to contest the unemployment, that is great.